Coyne Cup fever is ramping up as we count down to the showdown between Team Coyne and Team Paddy in Mayo, Ireland this September. In preparation for the drafting of our two sides, Captain Paddy sent out a questionnaire to our 44 participants in the hopes of getting to know the talent pool a little better. While you might not be on this trip (it sold out, but don’t miss out on next year–an announcement for Coyne Cup 2017 will follow soon), these questions might help you get to know yourself a little better. Or get to know Paddy the Caddy better. Or just make you wonder what the hell we are going to be up to in a month’s time.
Take some time and get to know your golfing self. Self-inventory is good for the soul.
(And for the record, and to protect all innocent parties, A Gentleman’s Game was filmed at but is not based on Rolling Green GC.)
Compliments of Captain Paddy the Caddy:
1. What is the best major in Golf?
2. Pro V1 or Noodle Pink 4??
3. What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
4. Choose a movie title for the story of your life:
5. Metal Spikes or Soft Cleats?
6. How old is the oldest pair of golf shoes in your closet?
7. Can you play any instruments?
8. What is the Stymie Rule and are you willing to use this to beat Coyne’s Team if selected to Paddy the Caddy’s Team?
9. Captain Kirk or Mr.Spock?
10. What is your favorite cereal?
11. What, if anything, have you ever re-gifted?
12. What was the worst punishment you received at school?
13. What’s the strangest talent you have?
14. What was your childhood nickname?
15. How many sets of golf clubs do you own?
16. What’s your favorite flavor of Pringles?
17. Have you ever had a poem or a song written about you?
18. Which way does your toilet paper hang on the wall – over or under?
19. What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
20. When did you accept a dare that you later regretted?
21. U Groove or V Groove, which one is illegal?
22. Should cheerleaders be added to next year’s PGA tour?
23. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
24. If you could have any one superpower, which would you choose?
25. Mrs. Dustin Johnson or Dustin Johnson?
26. What is your favorite Tom Coyne book?
A Gentleman’s Game : a fictional story about growing up at Rolling Green Golf Club.
Paper Tiger : a true story about how Tom scammed his publisher into one year of golf and a trip to Asia so he could ask his girlfriend to marry him.
A Course Called Ireland: a true story really about Paddy the Caddy and his family living in Ireland and Tom scamming his publisher one more time (summer in Ireland sounds good).
27. Simply asked, who would you like as your captain,
PADDY THE CADDY OR Robert Thomas Coyne?
Good day and make good decisions.
Paddy The Caddy